Harvard College '11
Phillips Academy '07
Front-end dev and UX using
Ruby on Rails, jQuery, CSS3
After studying Computer Science and English at Harvard, I started off working as a software engineer at Endeca Technologies. After Endeca was acquired by Oracle in 2012, I got my first taste of start-ups as a developer-in-residence at Techstars' Boston accelerator, where I helped portfolio companies build out their products.
Since Techstars, I've been working with or co-founding early-stage ventures in industries ranging from HR to healthcare to the digital humanities. Some highlights have included:
- Building delightful, intuitive interfaces for our stylists and clients at peach
- Co-founding HireProbability, and building/selling our automated background-checking product
- Launching Honestry, a social comparison-based product built on top of the LinkedIn API to help figure out where you rank within your professional network along various axes
- Working with Buoy to make online medical diagnosis more accurate & trustworthy
- Hacking on projects in the digital humanities for the metaLAB (at) Harvard, including a collaboration with HarvardX/edX around copyright law
- Co-founding Avalanche, a team that worked with early-stage founders to help validate assumptions & prototype products in exchange for a mix of cash and equity
Please feel free to shoot me an email if you'd like to work together on a project.